Thursday, August 20, 2009

Breaking Camp.....

Three cheers for August 20th. Camp number 11 is over and done. When I first started playing professional football, drafted in 1999, I honestly couldnt picture myself playing this long. Matter of fact, I didnt think I was going to make the team that year. The three Tight Ends that were on the team were pretty established and here I am a converted receiver who had never played the tight end position trying to outplay one of these three guys, or at least I thought. One of these guys was Shannon Sharpe. He wasnt going anywhere. I didnt have no idea how to block. I'm trying to learn a playbook that was very overwhelming. However, I kept plugging along and was able to make some plays in the passing game. I really believe that making these occasional plays I showed enough of a spark that they decided to keep four tight ends that year. Now here I am finishing my 11th NFL camp. What a blessing it has been. Its time to sharpen the focus now because now that camp is over it means that the season is right around the corner. Here we come Green Bay

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your 11th NFL camp. That's amazing and you should be so proud of yourself!

    Well, hopefully you made it home safely after a long drive I'm guessing! lol well let's talk if you are. I think that once the seasons up and ready to go, you'll be busier than ever & need help.

    Give me a call if you can 224 659 0410.

    But other than that get some rest & let's shutdown GB !! :)

    ReplyDelete