Tuesday, September 8, 2009

All I ask is...........

I knew this before but not to the degree that I thought, the media will be reading this blog. All I ask is that you put the proper notation in your articles. Give a brother some love and let the masses know where they can come read it straight from the source, uncut, no chaser, straight up hard core. OK that might be a bit much but like I said before its my damn blog and I can do as I wish. That sounds good saying it as I write it.

I got an idea, let Ken Mrock do the maintenance at Soldier field. He does a good job with our practice fields. Enough of that.......

What I really want to blog about is............... You media guys out there that read this blog, you know who you are, help me to get an initiative off the ground that has been only a concept in my brain until now. I have my 88 Wayz youth organization that I head up back in my home town. What 88 Wayz is, it's a mentor /leadership program. 88 Wayz go into the school system of Polk County Florida and take kids that we and the administration select and spend and hour a week with these youngsters, trying to cultivate great social and leadership skill in our youth. As you know, these programs cannot be done without funding. What I plan to do is to raise a million dollars by the end of this year by asking for donation of $20 per individual. If you do the math thats 50,000 people. I was on a plain going back home from OTA's telling a guy about it and he gave 88 Wayz it's first $20 donation and said he would complete the cycle by giving the last $20. I have dubbed this The Million Dollar March. we are in the process of getting literature out on the website. We plan on using the funds for things such as computers, field trips, home needs, scholarships seminars, day to day operation expenses, building to house 88 Wayz and much more. I would be more than delighted if you guys could interview me about this and give me other opportunities if there are any to go out and promote this cause. I would really love it if some of your bosses would use their name ABC, NBC, ESPN, FOX as a partner so 88 Wayz can go and help all the kids we dream of helping.

Yes I am calling the media out to see how much help I can get with this. We hear of a lot of the negative stories how about helping me make a difference in the community that raised a kid to become a man that it could be proud of.


So will you help, because I know you are reading this. Thanks in advance. I would love to tell you more about what I'm trying to do.

6 comments:

  1. I just found your blog today due to the previous post about the turf. I think it's great and want to thank you for taking the time to write these posts. I love reading about the Chicago Bears. I added your blog to my regular reading list so I don't miss any posts.

    I just wanted to mention that you didn't include a link to your organizations website in your post, and everyone should go check it out, it's http://www.88wayz.com.

    Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The press doing something other than sensationalizing and running down the Bears ? I'm all for it !

    Maybe some of those in the industry out there with a conscience will step up to the plate... err... I mean Line of Scrimmage !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog Dez, keep up the posts! Also good luck this season and go destroy green bay!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Dez,

    Couple random ideas for 88wayz

    1) Stick pay pal on there so you can take donations online. It's very easy to do. If you need / want help you can email me at nate@rainmakercommerce.com and I'll get it taken care of for you.

    2) Promote it on Twitter. You already have a bunch of followers who would likely gladly spread the word for you. "Please help my chartity organization by donating here: 88wayz.com. Please retweet!"

    3) Get in touch w/ the local media down here (Orlando / Tampa). They would likely give you some coverage. NFL star doing good things in his community.

    Good luck!

    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,

    Great idea and good luck with it. I'll donate once it's set up

    ReplyDelete
  6. The media definitely keeps an eye on this blog. Actually, the only reason I found this is that Brad Biggs of the Suntimes linked to it in an article of his. Leaves me wondering how many other Bears players have blogs that I just haven't found yet.

    ReplyDelete