Thursday, December 10, 2009

I need your help. Can I count on you?............

Good evening family, friends, fans, and all who read this blog (media), I'm finally ready to push a very personal initiative that I have been working on for the past few months. Let me catch you up to speed first. I started a non profit organization about 20 months ago. The name of it is 88 Wayz youth Organization. What 88 Wayz is all about in short is helping kids reach their full potential by offering an in school mentor/leadership program. The name of this program is TALKS mentoring which is an acronym for Transferring a Little Knowledge Systematically. Beyond that we have after school programs, tutoring, monthly seminars that address crucial subjects in our kids lives. Also, 88 Wayz do a free of charge football camp yearly for the whole community. We have SAT/ACT prep courses, college field trips, college admission assistance. These are just a few of the things we are doing. Other things that we would like to do is secure our own small building so we can house our operations as well as provide more services to our youth outside of the school, we would also like to sponsor field trips to local, state and national government sites. We would also like to expand our staff so we can work more effeciently, therefore providing a better service to the community. These are some of the things we are doing and looking to do in the future. If you would like to know in full detail you can go to www.88wayz.com.

Now to the part where I need your help. The organization has organized what we are calling the 88 Wayz Million Dollar March. We are asking for 50,000 individuals to donate $20. I know by sending out this one blog its not going to happen. Maybe we will get a great deal of you that read this to go out and donate and I would be very appreciative if that was to happen. But I need you to go a step further also and tell 10 of your friends or family about this and ask them to do the same.

As many of you know that the world is swallowing a lot of our kids up because of a lot of the bad influences that they encounter. I believe that if we get more involved and give them more positive options a lot of our kids will make the right choices. Right now we have 90 kids in the program and that number will double the next school year. We need your help to keep a good thing going and making it bigger.

If you feel compelled to help please go to www.88wayzmdm.com and make a $20 donation and get the word out. I have set up an email that you can write to me personally with any ideas, comments, or questions you may have. Send them to 88wayzmilliondollarmarch@gmail.com. I would love to talk to you more about it. By the way, if you want to get involved and give go to the email address here and let me know that you're in. I thank you for helping me do something that is truly dear to my heart, helping kids reach their highest potential.

1 comment: